Saturday, September 1

Weekend Wear

Hello Friends!

I hope you're having an amazing start to your weekend.  We don't have a lot going on today but I do need to get myself organized with all of my coupons.  Do you coupon?  Isn't that a funny question?  Not too long ago, it wasn't unusual to have a few here and there to give to the cashier but today is different.  This whole idea of extreme couponing has me changing my tune.  It's about finding the rock bottom price, matching a manufacturer's coupon with a store coupon and then stocking up until the next sales cycle.  It's not a ton of work but it's not just clipping and couponing like it used to be.

Here's to you and your frugal ways, I hope to find some amazing sales not only on groceries but of course of some of my favorite clothing stops.  I'll be sure to share with you anything I might find.









[Tank: Sears] [Shorts: Kohl's] [Shoes: Payless] [Sunnies: Drugstore] [Jewels: Stella & Dot]




I think these linen shorts have become my favorite summer piece.  I've worn them with several different tops and it's such a great mustard color that it goes well with more than I expected.  You've seen me wear these shorts here and here.



UPDATE!!!!

I have news for you on my Jalapeno Pepper Jam.  I tried some last night, not on a dare, but out of curiosity.  I think my husband's exact words were "Are you scared?".  Now, I wouldn't say scared but I would say I was hopeful and would be disappointed if it was a total flop.  I chopped and chopped and chopped and, well you get the picture.  It was a lot of work.





It was fantastic.  It was sweet with just enough hot to make it the perfect mix of yumminess.  What I didn't like was how the peppers all settled to the top of the jam.  Hmmmm, I'm guessing it's because of the overcooking but the taste is awesome.  I love this on crackers and pork chops.  Now that I have a few more jars, I will have to do a bit of experimenting with it.

I used the simple Sure-Jell recipe, and it was just that.  SIMPLE!  Well, with the exception of our spill and overcooking....but that's minor.



Sure-Jell's
Sweet Jalapeno Pepper Jam


2 red peppers, seeded, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
2 green peppers, seeded, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
10 large jalapeƱo peppers, seeded, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1cup cider vinegar
1pkg. SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
1/2tsp. butter or margarine
5cups sugar, measured into separate bowl 

BRING boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.
PLACE peppers in 6- or 8-qt. saucepot. Add vinegar. Stir in pectin. Add butter to reduce foaming. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. (this is where I cooked it WAY too long)
Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
LADLE immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with 2-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Add boiling water, if necessary.) Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 min. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing centers of lids with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)


 Enjoy!!!




Hugs,
        Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment